Monday, May 17, 2021

Spare Time Gardening in Central Florida from JoAnn :)

Here it is...halfway through May already!  In Central Florida we start our gardens in February/March and once the hot weather begins, we are pretty much done with gardening until the Fall.  One of the reasons we wanted to purchase a home on acreage was to grow a larger garden than we had on our 1/4 acre lot in town. 


My son visited from Michigan in early Spring and helped me to balance my soil and give it some much needed nutrients.  What a difference it made in our garden this year!  I've never grown corn and have always been told it is difficult in Florida due to pests but here it is!  I do hand water each day to monitor pests and nutrients. We've had a pretty decent & tasty harvest this Spring.   I'm sharing some photos of the progress and  the harvest.  Enjoy!







Send me your Florida gardening photos!

Florida Realtor, JoAnn Young
Young & Young Properties
321-243-4917