Sunday, August 4, 2019

The Youngs Have Moved!

I recently shared with my Facebook friends that my posts have been far and few between.  With good reason...We MOVED to the country!  The process began in early May after finding our very own DREAM HOME!   Never did I think that we would own a country home on acreage in FLORIDA! 

We loved our house in Lake Washington and had hopes of staying in that area but after a two year search, the price point became out of reach for us for what we wanted with the tax base for that area each year being out of our budget.

We were able to contract on a country home with a barn, 2 pastures with horse fences on a 2.5 acre parcel in South Brevard County near the soon-to-open St. John's Heritage Parkway Exit for I95.

When we contracted on the property, we knew the I95 exit was being built.  What we did not know about is the Emerald Lakes community that will be built just 2 miles from our property.  It is rumored a Health  First Hospital will be built in this community as well as a Publix grocery store and many other shops.   Holiday Builders is already building homes in a brand new subdivision, Lakes at St. Sebastian Preserve on Micco Road.  This area will be the next area to be developed for Brevard County.

As a Realtor, I don't really experience the stress of selling a home as the owner does.  Boy, do I have a new perspective for my future clients!  Keeping the house cleaned and show ready 24/7 for potential buyers with a dog while packing, working a job and trying to live daily life was definitely a challenge.  I learned SO much by being an actual seller that I will need to share in future blogs.
Our ideas of country living include a chicken coop and a much larger vegetable garden than we had at our former residence.  We've learned over the last three weeks that with living in the country, both of those aspirations are going to be a challenge with the wildlife but we are going to make a go of it and perhaps learn some things along the way.
Currently we are trying to organize our home and seeking storage options for our "stuff".  We have many projects that I would love to share with my readers as we go along.  Stay tuned!  - JoAnn Young